Sidney Cubbage Limited started trading in 1927, although there is evidence that a 'Cubbage Bros' was in existence prior to the 1914/18 war. One of the original brothers, Sid, started Sidney Cubbage Limited and the other, Ron, ultimately took over from his father to run J.W. Cubbage Limited. J.W. Cubbage's ceased trading some time in the 1970's. Sidney Cubbage originally started from 'Crown Forge' in St. Mary's Street and later moved to workshops under the railway arches in Frogmoor where they stayed until 1955, when they moved to a purpose built factory on the recently opened Cressex Industrial Estate.
Hoover's, the adjacent company wanted to expand and purchased the factory in Coronation Road, Cressex Industrial Estate, High Wycombe. The company undertook a diverse range of services including a smithy, manufacturing kilns, spray booths and steel framed buildings. At that time, Leslie Cubbage was Managing Director with John McGregor and Paul Remsbury as Directors. The wide diversity of functions did not always prove successful and following a poor trading year in 1968 it was decided to split the company.
Paul Remsbury and Rod Harris undertook a management buyout of the company in 1971 running the heating and ventilating contracting business as Sidney Cubbage (H & V) Ltd. from offices in Crendon Street. In 1972 a new factory named 'Harrem House' (Har-ris & Rem-sbury) was built in Ogilvie Road, High Wycombe. In 1982 Rod Harris retired and the company later moved to offices in Green Street, High Wycombe in 1987. We subsequently moved back to Harrem House in May 2008. Paul Remsbury & his wife Anne semi-retired in February 1996 and their son Steve became Managing Director. Dave Smith was subsequently promoted to Joint Managing Director in May 2002.
Sidney Cubbage (H & V) Limited has continued to expand and branch out into other areas of building services and now offers Plumbing, Ventilation and Air Conditioning, in addition to Heating and Hot Water Services.